Before the discovery of Allopathic medicine, Herbs and Spices were used to treat any medical ailment. It has been used since the start of mankind. They were the only source of treatment available for centuries. Whether it be Herbal, Chinese or Ayurvedic Medicine all of these well-known systems used these herbs to treat their patients very effectively. Herbs for Wellness should be a part of your life in order to stay healthy the natural way.
The Best Herbs For Wellness to Have in Your Life
Garlic is being used for centuries as a natural antibiotic. Some benefits are:
- Very good for your cardiovascular health
- Help lowers your bad cholesterol
- Helps lower blood pressure
- Very beneficial for obese or overweight people
- Helps in reducing weight and also might act as a herbal anti-depressant
Very easy to grow in your back garden. Aloe Vera leaves contain a gel inside of them. This plant has been used in many skin conditions since ages. Some amazing benefits of this plant are:
- It can heal burned skin
- Heal wounds
- Repairs dead skin on the scalp
- Promotes hair growth
- Prevents itchy scalp
- Reduces dandruff
- Acts as a very good skin moisturizer
- Very good for eradicating acne
- It can ease conditions like eczema and psoriasis
Mostly used in India. The leaves from this tree have been used for a long time to treat many conditions. Some of them are:
- Helps lower your blood sugar and is very good for people with diabetes. This has been proven by many herbalists in their studies
- The paste of its leaves is very good for healing wounds
- Water boiled in the leaves of neem is very good for dandruff
- Neem water helps in irritation, tiredness or redness of the eye
- Neem paste makes your acne go away if applied directly
- Drinking neem water will also boost your immunity and help in other conditions as well
This is also one of the most used herbs by herbalists worldwide. The active ingredient in turmeric is curcumin. It has many proven benefits:
- Acts as an anti-inflammatory
- Supports healthy joints
- Promotes cardiovascular health
- Lowers your bad cholesterol
- Relieves stress and anxiety
- Is very good to lose weight
- Helps in lowering your blood sugar
- May help in lowering your blood pressure
- Supports your brain health
- Promotes radiant and healthy glowing skin
- Used as an anti-aging formula for the skin
- It is good for gas, bloating and digestion complaints
- Reduces the risk of cancer
St John’s Wort
This herb is nature’s natural anti-depressant. It’s widely been used since centuries for the treatment of anxiety and depression. Some benefits are:
- It is a natural anti-depressant. Many doctors also prescribe this herb as a supplement to help in improving the symptoms of depression.
- It can restore the hormonal balance of the body. Also believed to be helpful for Hypothyroidism.
- Works as an anti-inflammatory agent.
- If used on the skin in topical form, it can speed the healing process of burns and wounds.
- It is believed to help in preventing cancer. Some researchers have found it may help in the prevention and treatment of Leukemia.
- Some researchers have also shown this herb to have good antiviral qualities as well.
- It may help people having Irritable bowel syndrome.
- It is good for people and helps in withdrawal from alcoholism.
Cinnamon is one Healing Herb with unbelievable benefits to its name. Highly used by herbalists for ages. It may help in:
- It is good for people suffering from type 2 diabetes. A daily intake of Cinnamon will help lower your high blood sugar levels
- It is very effective in reducing your bad cholesterol
- Cinnamon will fight bad bacteria, fungus, parasites and viruses in your body
- Can help with Parkinson’s disease
- Is very helpful for weight loss
- May be useful in Acute Renal Failure. Boiling cinnamon bark in water and then drinking that water may be useful in recovering from people with acute renal failure
- Good for the cold and flu season and will help a lot in fighting off that infection
- Believed to be a sex drive booster. It increases your sexual function
- Can Benefit people with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
The Healing Herbs listed here are the most effective. I have missed many but as they are so many it will be difficult to list them all here. Making these herbs a part of your daily life will help you lead a healthy life.
Note: Please always consult your health care advisor before starting any new remedy or treatment because some of these herbs may cause side effects if mixed with other medications.